Being a teenager is quite an experience. Hormones are kicking through your body , you have mental breakdowns and one moment you are on top of the world and the next you hit rock bottom.
Here is what I have learnt during my teenage years-
- Don’t follow what others are doing blindly. Go where your heart desires and don’t succumb under peer pressure.
- Don’t indulge in alcohol just as yet.
- STAY away from smoking.
- Academics is important even if it is not everything.
- Pursue your hobby, be it writing, a sport or playing an instrument.
- Keep your friends small circle and don’t trust everyone.
- Listen to your parents and your friends. You are not always correct.
- Don’t do something just to prove someone wrong.
- Play video games but in moderation
- You can’t live without social media but don’t make it an addiction.Networking sites like Quora are much better than Snapchat and Facebook.
- Don’t demand products of luxury brands from your parents. If you want a Gucci bag, earn it.
- Be grateful for everything.
- You learn something from every single person and object in this world.
- Don’t just watch motivational videos and read philosophical quotes. If you want to follow them, be cautious
- Infatuation isn’t love so don’t fall for every other person.Get to know the person first.
- Have ambitions and dreams. If you don’t have something to be excited about or don’t have anything in particular to do when you wake up, you are wasting your life.
- Don’t oversleep or overeat just because you are feeling sad.
- Listen to music. It does help improve your mood.
- Express your feelings to your loved ones.
- You only have your family in the darkest times except one or two friends(who are basically family)
- Don’t over-trust. Your best friend can become your worst enemy tomorrow.
Over and out