Hey. Just like I wrote a letter to my past self., I would like to write a post for my future self. I hope all these things which I mentioned below have been achieved by me by then. So here it goes-
- You have become a top-class psychologist or a top-shot economist.
- You have skydived. Skydiving has been your dream since you were 16 but it scared you back then. Hope that you overcame that fear:)
- You have authored/ co-authored a book however small your part may be.
- You have the money to travel business class wherever you go. Even though you hated all those Lamborghinis or Ferraris, you traveled business class once and fell in love with it and have always hoped to have the money to travel that class…
- You are going to meet your favorite tennis player -Rafael Nadal in an airport (Quite a random prediction)
- You continue writing your blog even now provided reading blogs hasn’t become obsolete
- You are still in contact with your friends from school and your best friend during school days is still your best friend.
- You still read Diary of a Wimpy Kid every year provided Jeff Kinney still writes those books :).(Hope the kid in you doesn’t go away)
- You own an iPhone 27 keeping in mind some other company doesn’t provide a better phone which it probably won’t. (Android fans, come after me:) )
- Your signature becomes an autograph
- You still write your diary regularly pouring in your feelings that you are too shy/afraid to tell to anyone else.
- Your room still remains untidy as it is today.
- You go back to your school to be the chief guest of an event held there.
- You are still in love with playing basketball and have won at least one tournament.
- Your name appears on the TV but only for the correct reasons.
- You still have the ownership of the house where you live right now and go back there every once a while and reminisce about your old memories.
- You have gone on a biking trip at least 500 kilometers long
- You have visited Antarctica maybe with a friend who also wants to go there.
- You learn to meditate and are happier than ever.
- You are still the same philosophical person.
- You get over things more easily than you used to
- You have a person to talk to about the most sensitive of topics(except your parents)
- You take your mother to Norway or Sweden to view the Aurora Borealis
- You buy your father a first-class ticket with your self-earned money
- You open an NGO which operates worldwide to help people who can’t afford basic health services with someone who has this same wish as you.
And then obviously I hope all of these wishes come true.
Over and Out
Those who know me know that I’m a huge apple fanboy. I love apple products and have never liked android products and have never used them as my first choice.So I might sound a little biased here…
One of the most talked about topic in today’s technological world is apple vs android phones.In 2007, when Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone, Apple took the world by storm and the launch of the iPhone started what I like to call the technological revolution. Now as much as I hate to say it, Apple has indeed gone down in terms of innovation since Jobs’ death.Until 2011, I like to believe that Apple had no competition. Such was the aura of Apple and its products back then. But now when we fast forward to 2019, Apple faces huge competition from other companies especially Google, Samsung and OnePlus. Many phones now arguably have better features than the iPhone.Many people still buy Apple phones and the question that arises is that are apple products worth it or are people buying these products just for that apple logo and brand name.
“When you can get similar features in Rs 50000 (around 700 USD), why buy an iPhone which costs a lot more?” This is a question raised by tons of people. I respect their opinion but I have a different perspective.
There is a reason that Apple has created a brand name for itself. There is a reason that most celebrities use an iPhone. There is a reason that iPhone, despite a lot of competition has still managed to retain its users. So obviously Apple is doing something right. And the reason Apple has been able to retain its users is because of its unique operating system.Despite Apple’s extravagant prices, people have stuck to using iPhones because they find it difficult to shift to Android. Also, don’t forget that phones that compete with iPhone in terms of quality and features are not cheap too.
I agree cent percent that there are phones in the market that can and are indeed giving iPhone a tough competition but this doesn’t mean iPhone is bad. Nobody’s stupid enough to spend tons of money on a phone just to show off. They do it because of Apple’s quality and even though Apple is not that innovative as it used to be, it still releases some new awesome features every now and then.
I respect Google and OnePlus a lot(Let’s not talk about Samsung), for they too are providing excellent quality products but at most are at par with Apple products and not better than them(according to me). Apple’s consistency is what makes them better than other companies.There has seldom been any iPhone that has not been a success(apart from maybe iPhone 8 and iPhone X).So most people don’t buy iPhones for flaunting. There are some those who buy them for the purpose of showing off but such people are limited in number.
Over and Out
(You can voice your opinion in the comments)