Who knew that behind that laugh
Was a heart that was broken in half
Who knew that behind that beautiful Instagram post
Was a soul that was depressed the most
Who knew that behind that gorgeous face
Was a person who had no inner grace;
And needed to be put in his place
Who knew that behind that poet’s charming phrases
Were his life’s darkest phases.
Who knew that behind that “loyal” friend
Was a stranger that only knew how to pretend
Who knew that behind that closed room door
Was a brain that was waiting to roar…
As 2019 heads to a close, I have been thinking about how the year panned out and I came to the conclusion that it was one full of surprises(good and bad), love and hate, and full of moments that can never be forgotten. In short, the year was quite eventful and interesting, to say the least 🙂
- First of all, I started writing this blog!! And it came out to be my savior whenever I needed to vent out my feelings on whatever topic it may be. Also, I started writing poetry all thanks to this platform. 31 January 2019, the date of my first post and also the date I would never forget in my life. 50 posts aren’t bad in 10 months and I’m quite proud of myself for that. Also, to those people who have followed the blog since the start, I have a special place in my heart for you all!
- Made a lot of memories with some of my best friends playing video games(I would be lying if I said if I wasn’t addicted to Fortnite) and talking nonsense till 3 AM every day just before my Class X Board Examinations(Apparently a big deal here in India). Managed a decent grade in the same despite all of this so-called time wastage
- A special mention for the special birthday surprise from my closest buddies. It was one hell of a birthday!!
- Made an awesome friend who has always supported me ever since. Also, I made some confidants who were once not so loving towards me <3.
- I went to Yellowstone National Park and saw the geysers that I read about so much in textbooks. The park’s attractions like The Old Faithful, The Caldera, and the Mammoth Hot Springs were quite a spectacle and were totally different from the usual tourist spots. Also visited Toronto just around the time the Raptors won. Let’s just say that the city was crazy during this time.
- I wrote a book!! Well, a single story which is going to be published in a book and it was an interesting experience! Not to forget the complications that I had to go through to change some part of the story due to a reason (SECRET)
- Took up Commerce as my main subject(after a lot of deliberation) in class 11 and to be honest, I could have taken up Psychology but am still satisfied with my decision. (Economics is love)
- Learnt some new skills unknowingly. Robotics, editing and carrying out surveys being some of them. Consistently wrote for the school magazine. Interesting fact-Around half of the articles that I had published were taken from this blog. But I lost all the basketball tournaments in which I participated. *Sobbing*
- I visited Sikkim, a small state in India and had some different experiences there. River rafting and hiking to name a few. Also experiences what it was like to have difficulty in breathing due to high altitude!! I also went to a hill station with my school-mates and made unforgettable memories. (3 AM Chit chat and playing cards)
- Maintained my old habits. I’m still an overthinker, still sensitive to emotions and still an introvert. Old habits die hard. I did get more vigilant, became more confident and tried to give all of my love and affection to all the people I like and care for.
If you were a part of my life this year in some way or the other, be it a reader and supporter of the blog or my best friend, I love you all. Let’s kill the next year and the decade together !!
Over and Out!!!
Random midnight thoughts 🙂 –
- When you sleep, remember that millions don’t have a bed to sleep on and thousands who go to sleep in fear of death.
- When you feel like you are losing grip, remember that all that matters is that you still keep trying.
- When you end up messing up a thing out of your comfort zone and people laugh, remember that you at least had the guts to try and most of those laughing didn’t
- When you fail, remember that the failure strengthened you.
- When you feel sad, remember that life is about the memories, the happy memories. Just smile and look forward to something exciting.
- When you complain about a “necessity”, remember that that necessity might be a luxury for some.
- When you feel overwhelmed by what someone else has, remember all those things that you have and the people that love you. Accept who you are because you are unique and no one can ever replace you.
- When you feel betrayed, remember that you didn’t do anything wrong and let karma do its work.
- When you feel that something is really hard, remember conquering that thing would give you greater satisfaction
- When you procrastinate, remember that watching the same movie after completing your work would be more enjoyable
- When you feel that someone does not see your worth, remember that you don’t owe anyone anything. Live life, jumbo size!
- When you feel ignored, remember you are capable of achieving anything by YOURSELF. And when someone neglects you, remember sometimes, somewhere they will end up needing you.
- When you feel like dying, remember that you are not allowing happy times to come. Think of the people who helped raise you and how would they feel.
- When you feel lost, remember it is better to do something than nothing and being stuck in the dark.
- When you feel anxious and afraid to do something, remember that you live only once and eventually everything ends so take a deep breath and do what you want to.
- When something doesn’t go right, remember to learn from it.
- When you like something or someone, remember to own up to it.
- When you hate something or someone, remember to not show it to the entire world.
- When you do something out of mere selfishness to someone, remember that the same thing could have been done to you and imagine what would you have felt.
- When you realize the list is over and you have read all of it, remember that I love you ❤
Over and out!!
Life is short-lived
Do and say whatever you have ever craved.
Always try to fly like an eagle
Unless what you’re doing is illegal
All those things which make you go, ‘Wow’
Do those right now!
Try to be with people you love
What you shouldn’t do to them is shove!
Only make those promises which you can keep
It would make others adore you deep
Don’t be afraid to love and care
That is what makes you rare
And would make people stand and stare
Express yourself to the people you trust
There’s no one else that would help you adjust.
They are the ones that would provide you protection
And not judge you for your imperfections
If there are ever problems-communicate
So your mouth doesn’t fill with distaste!
If they really treasured you,
They would say, “Let’s make this right, mate!”
Just don’t live wearing two masks,
And let Karma do its task
Just don’t lie,
And you will become happy in the blink of an eye!
Vent out whatever you have to, if you haven’t done it yet
Just so you don’t end up with regret.
There is no right time which is right
And no time which is wrong
It is you who decides your fate
But you can’t just sit around and wait
As you won’t get everything on a plate!
You won’t get everything on a plate!
Over and out